As President of the Nebraska WCR for 2011, I want you to know more about WCR. WCR is more than a girls monthly lunch. It is about networking, referrals, education, & leadership training.
- WCR is the 12th largest women's organization in the United States. WCR is more than a monthly luncheon! It educates, trains, and promotes successful business women.
- WCR is a branch of the National Association of REALTORS® and is sponsored, recognized and respected by the NAR. WCR offices are in the National NAR building.
- WCR develops leaders in the real estate community. It promotes and encourages women like me to take a role and to speak in front of an audience. I was taught to manage and run a successful organization, like I did in 2003 for the Omaha Chapter. It taught me how to delegate, work with others, pull a large group together and how to run an organized meeting.
- WCR promotes good will and working together to accomplish the goals of our buyers and sellers. WCR brings real estate agents and affiliates together to get acquainted and to learn to be friends and business associates and not to be adversarial.
- The local Omaha Chapter of WCR holds fund raisers and helps support Habitat for Humanity and the Women's shelters. Our local Angel Tree historically gathers enough gifts for the women's shelter, that they need to bring 2-3 vans to haul it away.
- Members of WCR consider their job as a real estate agent as their career and profession. They are serious professionals who invest in their business. They are not the part timers & new timers who will easily give up when times are tough.
- Many future leaders in the real estate community are likely members in this organization.
The WCR web site says it like this:
We are a network of successful REALTORS® empowering women to exercise their potential as entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
Through our influence as successful business professionals, women will effect positive change in the profession and in the broader community.
Our Long-Term Goals
- To be the source of education and business tools focused on the needs of women REALTOR® entrepreneurs at all stages of development.
- To be a dynamic, accessible network, linking resources and member expertise to drive business success.
- To build, support and promote strong leaders for the industry and the broader community who are advocates for property rights and homeownership.
- To be the voice for the achievement and impact of women in real estate.
- To be sought after as a partner with other organizations to advance common objectives.
- To be a network of strong chapters that consistently deliver value and provide a collaborative, trusted, welcoming environment in which members can achieve their business goals.
- To be a magnet for career-focused REALTORS® with diverse backgrounds and a high level of professionalism.
- To be a strong organization with the resources and infrastructure necessary to fulfill our mission and realize our vision.
Women's Council of REALTORS® Values
- The Power of Relationships-Success in business today is achieved through positive, productive relationships. The Women's Council of REALTORS® provides an environment of collaboration in which members can form, build and maximize relationships for business and personal success. When members share their time, talent and experience, the entire industry is advanced.
- Professional Credibility-Members of the Women's Council of REALTORS® are established career professionals. We operate based on a shared value system of integrity, respect, consistency and a commitment to excellence and continuous development.
- Diversity-The membership experience is enriched through the celebration of and active outreach to the full diversity of our industry. At the same time, the strength of the organization lies in what unites us all - our shared values.
- Participation-Active participation increases membership value. Participation in the Women's Council of REALTORS® is the opportunity to contribute to change, and to be changed, personally and professionally.
- Success-Success in business brings credibility, influence and greater opportunity. For women, especially, wealth creation through business success also leads to long-term financial security, greater independence, and more quality of life choices.
- Influence-Positive change will come from the greater inclusion of the women's perspective in positions of influence in the real estate industry and in the broader community
"I am never too busy for you or your referrals!"
Donna J Stephens, CRS, GRI
Prudential Ambassador Real Estate, 13340 California Street Omaha, NE 68154