Buying A Home
The homefinding process typically includes many of the following elements. For additional information, or to get started, please contact us.
- Determine your needs and priorities
- Review "agency" choices and select appropriate working realationship
- Discuss financing options
- Find a mortgage company
- Consult with a loan officer
- Complete loan application
- Obtain loan pre-approval
- Provide requested documentation
Finding the Right Home
- Sales associate to show you properties based on your criteria
- Evaluate each property with sales associate
- Choose the right home
Preparing an Offer
- Review comparable sales to determine offer price
- Review progress of loan pre-approval; decide on financing
- Decide on other terms (inspections, possession date, personal property, etc.)
- Prepare earnest money deposit
Reaching an Agreement with a Seller
- Present your offer
- Negotiation of terms and possible counteroffers
- Agreed-upon sales contract with seller
Completing the Settlement Process
- Deposit of earnest money
- Review seller's property disclosures
- Review preliminary title report
- Roof, termite and other inspections
- Remove any remaining contingencies
- Arrange for homeowners insurance
- Arrange for home warranty
- Arrange for movers
- Final walk-through of property with sales associate
- Provide balance of down payment and closing costs
- Sign Documents
- Loan Funding
- Property appraisal
- Loan processing
- Final loan approval
- Recording of title
- Receive keys from sales associate
- Move in!
We understand that buying a home is a major decision for you that can be filled with concerns. Our task is to help you find a home that meets your needs and to make the homebuying process efficient, stress-free and successful. As your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Ambassador Real Estate professional, our goal is to help you find the right home.
Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner. Plan a home search based on your needs.
- Consult with you to discover your needs, interests and concerns and discuss buyer, seller and dual agency alternatives.
Introduce you to properties and neighborhoods that meet your requirements based upon our plan.
- Pre-select properties that match your criteria and pre-schedule showing appointments.
- Network to gain information about properties that may not yet have reached the open market.
- Provide sources of information on questions of interest to you, such as schools, neighborhoods and transportation.
- Prepare a preliminary estimate of the costs associated with buying a property.
Help you obtain the financing you may need for a home purchase.
- Provide you with the information on becoming pre-qualified or pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Help you find a reliable financial institution.
Assist in preparing a purchase offer on the property of your choice.
- Review information on sales of comparable homes to help you decide on the price and financing terms that you want to offer.
- Review with you the seller's written disclosure statement.
- Provide you with advice and information on other terms for you to consider, such as possession date and personal property.
- Recommend that you obtain professional home, termite or other inspections. I will review the inspection reports with you.
- Where appropriate, recommend that the purchase be contingent on a professional appraisal of value.
- Explain to you the option of a home warranty, which can reduce your liability.
Represent you in the transaction with the seller.
- Present your offer to the seller, through their real estate professional.
- Negotiate in your best interests to reach an agreement that is acceptable to you.
Work to protect your interests during the completion of the transaction.
- Review with you the preliminary title report and other documents pertaining to the condition and status of the property.
- Work with the seller's broker, the lender and others to see that all requirements of the purchase agreement are satisfied and to help keep the transaction on schedule.
- Keep you informed of the progress of the transaction.
- Accompany you on a walk-through of the property before closing and assist you in managing any problems discovered.
- Follow up on a any remaining details after the close of the sale, and provide you with information on additional services that you may need.