Let’s face it when it comes to making a decision on who to work with when buyer or selling a house you will get plenty of unsolicited advise on what to look for and who to use. However, the right agent for your friends, brother’s, neighbor down the street may not be the right agent for you or even the right agent at all.
Whether you are buying or selling a home here is a checklist of 10 things to consider when picking your agent.
1) The first and most important thing to remember is to meet with a few agents. DO NOT sign on the dotted line with the 1st agent that you meet at an open house!
2) Trust your instincts! If he/she looks good on paper and has an excellent marketing plan but you just don’t get a good vibe then don’t do it. Your 1st instinct is usually right!
3) Ask the important questions
- Is this your full time job?
- How long have you been in real estate?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- How many of those did you represent the buyer? Seller?
- How many listings did you loose?
- What is your average market time?
- How do you keep me informed?
- What is your marketing plan?
4) Choose an agent that will listen to you. Even if the agent doesn't agree with you, he/she ultimately answers to you. So choose a professional who can voice an opinion, but won't keep you from seeing a property you want to see.
5) Find a tech savvy agent. If an agent does not “do email” or does not have a smart phone enabling you to connect with them in a way that you do business then RUN fast! This also means that they are not staying on top of new listings and great deals as they come on the market and if they are selling your home then you are just not getting the exposure that you deserve.
If you have any questions about the home buying or selling process contact Tasha Moss of the Omaha Real Estate Group at 402.612.6693.